Everyone at work has been saying Oh congrats are you happy you're pregnant? What in the heck is up with that?

Of course I'm happy! We planned this. I am just a little shocked I got pregnant so fast but so happy!

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They are happy for you, congrats!

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• People can say really dumb things. When I found out I was pregnant with my third it was a surprise. I was 40. But obviously if I told everyone, I was going for it. My boss said to me "You're not going to keep it, are you?" I couldn't believe she said that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Weird...you just got pregnant and people are touching your stomach?(your other post) That's really odd.

I'm sure they dont' mean anthing by it. It's like asking my kids if they are excited to go to Disneyland. I know what they are gonna say, I just like to hear them say it! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• People like to HEAR that you are happy. Because there are some people who aren't happy about being PG.

Of course, about 9 years ago or so, my husband and I ran into a girl I went to school with (a few years younger than me) and her mom. She was about 16 at the time. Well, they told me the girl was PG and I looked at her mom and asked "Is that a good thing?".

My bad....first words out of my mouth.

Anyhow, CONGRATS on being PG!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Meh, people say a lot of stupid things when they don't think. I wouldn't give it much thought. What I hated was after the baby was born and people would ask - Is she a good baby? WTH? Is there really such a thing as a bad newborn baby?
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I could write a book on the stupid things people said to me when I was pregnant
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 1:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• People just don't know what to say sometimes and they blurt things out without thinking. Someone asked me if I was having twins while I was checking out at Target when I was 9 months pregnant lol. I said "nope I'm just fat!".
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011