Why does everyone want to touch my belly?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you don't like it, simply ask them not to.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It is the miracle inside you that draws them to it.

Answer by older at 11:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love all the attention when i was prego but nobody realy touched my belly
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If someone does it without asking and you don't like it, try rubbing their belly and talking to it to see how they react. LOL.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Do they ask "Can I touch your belly?" Or do they just touch it. I let people touch mine when I was huge and the baby was moving. It was exciting and I wanted to share it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh, I feel for you. I HATED it, complete strangers would just reach out and touch me, and ask when I was due. I finally had enough, and would just pat their belly back, and ask them some absurd or inappropriate question. They got the point.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, it just goes with the territory. I even find myself being drawn to pregnant bellies even though I hated having mine groped when I was pregnant - four times.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Some people, like myself just love babies and think pregnant women are adorable. I would never touch someone's belly without asking and it's ok for you to ask people not to if it makes you uncomfortable. I never experienced any complete strangers touching me when I was pregnant. That would bother me. I was ok with friends and family doing it though
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• They just touch it. I'm like. What the heck. I'm not used to people doing stuff like that. I never had a belly before. I've always been tall and skinny. I know its weird to see but its not fat its my baby. And I'm not that far along that's what I think is weird about it.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• People are just happy & love "babies" I suppose.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011