Can't be preg...so Whats going on!?

I'm on depo due for my next shot in a like 12days-it will be my 3rd inj. About a week or so ago I had some really bad cramping followed by about a day and a haf worth of on and off spotting which was light and almost a brownish color not enough to really use anything (sorry if that was TMI). Then I realized that I am "lactating" again-not leaking but it is there & the other day I had that "full" achy feeling...like I used to get when it was time to either feed the baby or pump. I know spotting is "Normal" while on the shot but it isn't for me.I've been on the shot before for several years & never had this happen. I've called my dr. but got no where, they just said to keep track of everything & go over it with the dr at my next appt. I haven't been able to find info on weither its normal to "lactate" while on depo.I was hoping someone would have some info, ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Health

• WELL if you CAN'T be pregnant... this maybe your body has just changed... i wouldnn't be too worried about if you can't be pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ok....what I mean by CANT is that I'm on Birth Control that is supposed to be 99% effective...I have never been late getting the inj so I don't see how it is possible for me to be preg. AND when I did speak to the dr/nurse they didn't mention preg. being possible, they just said to keep track of everything to go over it with the dr at my appt & even made sure that they had the order in for my next shot. ,.....THAT is what I mean by can't
    Anonymous

• you can still get prego on depo, actually it happens more on depo than the pill. and brown means old blood. so you may just be having some break through bleeding. you body builds up all that blood and it needs to come out some time.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 3:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• are you breast feeding? It may just be your body changing cycles when i was on depo i didnt get a period and after i got off it my cycle was screwed up for a couple months.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• NOPE....Definately not breastfeeding! Thats why I was soo suprised when I realized I was producing milk. I don't have a period either while on depo & I've never spotted before so I didn't know what to think when I was spotting.
    Anonymous