Ow, ow ow!! My feet are so swollen!!!

Just got home from a huge grocery shopping trip and walking around the store for over an hour. My poor feet hurt so bad :( I could barely get my shoes off after I got home, put my babe down for a nap and put the cold groceries away. Is there anything I can do for swollen feet and ankles? I can barely bend my toes! I am pregnant, but only 20 weeks. Am I in for it later? I didn't get the swelling with my son, but I sure have it now!

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That's not normal swelling. You really need to go in and get checked out! Go drink some water too,..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Please do! You may be at higher risk for eclampsia later in pregnancy!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I had this happen last weekend. I overscheduled myself and was running around all weekend. But Sunday evening, my lower legs and feet were so swollen. You can soak your feet in epsom salt, get your DH to massage them, and lay down for a while. (Don't quit being active, sitting around all the time will only make it worse.) Drink lots and lots of water. I drank about 3 L of water on Sunday, woke up Monday morning and my feet and legs were back to normal!
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Are you drinking plenty of water? I would also let your OB know about your swollen feet at your next visit.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 11:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I didn't realize that being dehydrated could cause swelling. I made my son's breakfast, got him up, dressed him, changed him, fed him, and just went shopping to try to get it done. Totally forgot to eat any breakfast or drink anything! I'm sitting with a big glass of water and my feet up now....I have a dr. appointment this week so I'll talk to him about it :)
    alphamom26

Comment by alphamom26 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Eat melon. It is a natural diuretic 

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Eliminate ALL salt from your diet. Read the labels for sodium content on everything your eat or drink. Swelling this early is NOT normal or good. Call your OBGYN ASAP and discuss the issue and your diet.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• elevate your feet, rest, & drink lots of water
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011