How can i bottle break twin 2 year olds who share the same room?

i am a mom of 4, my twin boys are my youngest, they are 23 months old. they share a room and are bottle crazy. during the day they will use cups, but during naptime and bedtime they will scream and keep eachother up and keep waking up until they get a bottle. i need advice on how to bottle break them. here is some info:
seperate beds, same room. can not split them up
need advice on twins, as they are different than singletons
one takes a pacifier, the other one will take one, but is not dependant on it.

thank you!!

joshismyangel

Asked by joshismyangel at 11:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think I would give them sippy cups at nap time. Then slowly work at giving the sippy cups at bed time also.
    Tell them there big boys now and this is what big boys use.
    Keeps all bottles out of sight.
    I would also loose the pacifiers the only thing they will do at this age is mess up
    there teeth as well as bottles only bottles can be worse as milk,juice so on can
    rot there teeth.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I know it will be hard but I agree with Sassy, when my twins were one (they are 14 now) on their first birthday I took each one by hand and a bottle in the other and we went to the trashcan they said goodbye and we never used the bottle again. It is going to take some time but give them the cups until they feel comfortable using them, tell them the bottle is gone they comprehend better then you know.
    twinblessed

Answer by twinblessed at 12:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• How about taking them to pick out their own "special" sippy cup that is ONLY for naps and bedtime. Make it a special thing. And get rid of the bottles together that way they know they are gone forever. OR do the opposite and get rid of the bottles without them and act like you just can't find one. It sounds like its more of a sleeping comfort thing, since they use sippy cups throughout the day.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am having the same problem in my house too. I have 2 year old twins and a 1 year old and they all love their bottles. I think everyones advise is wonderful and I think I will try all of them. I'm sorry this didn't help with your answer but everyones advise did help me.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011