What steps do you take first when you move?

I like to get my kids rooms straightened out and get rid of stuff before we move. Get cars tuned up and oil and such. Check tires for trip. Kids school and such. There is more I just can't think of now .

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Travel

• Ive moved 28 times... Get utilities turned on. Food arranged so you have basics and toilet paper. Label all boxes. I get together a list of Emergency numbers ex: Police, Hospital, just in case something happens and your lost in a new place/town. Post office change.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• if your geting a moving truck make sure you reserve it so its there when you need it :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• find everything your going to need in new location first like schools jobs ect, then make sure you have the money put away for it moving is exensive blah make sure everything is good on vehicles and i started packing everything that wasnt geting used first i did the kitchen last
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Finding the local municipalities and changing over all car info and licenses. also all insurances. in case insurance isn't carried where you are moving, out of area type thing.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011