Men's moods and how they are worse than ours!

I hate complaining about my SO but I have to laugh at men saying they have a hard time with figuring out our moods etc when they are harder to figure out than we are!! My SO is normally a very quiet man, I am still trying to get use to this but every so often my "female senses" are telling me its more. So of course being the nag I can be I will ask, and to my dismay, I get the same "No, I am fine" answer. I can't help but ask more than one time because in my eyes, his mood is different and I wonder why it isn't easier for them to just say whats on their mind. Its aggravating to say the least, when you know its something and yet they say nothing every time.

I know this was just a general vent but I sure as hell wish all of us has a built in mind reader for them so we would know, instead of having to guess and wonder. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!

CopingMom33

Asked by CopingMom33 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Men do tell us what they are thinking and feeling, but they are not at all direct about it. In 46 years of marriage though, I have learned to listen "between the lines" and understand exactly what is bothering my husband. They are made very differently than women, so if you are expecting him to directly tell you, you are going to be frustrated and disappointed. I'd be willing to bet that he is telling you what's bothering him, but you are not hearing what he's saying. It is a learned art, and it requires quite a lot of studying and learning how to hear. I can honestly say it's been a lot of fun learning how to really listen to my husband and read his every thought.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• NannyB is So right - 46 years tells me she's got something to say and I'm listening! I've been married only 7, but after a difficult time, I've learned to listen differently to my dh. What he complains about, what is upsetting him can tell me what is really bothering him. He even apologizes differently than I do and I have learned that its perfectly fine. I used to nag but now I give him his space and talk to him when he's at his most open. I haven't perfected it, but we used to fight a lot (about this kind of thing) and now we don't.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 12:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree- sometimes my DH is so pouty, and I have no clue! I guess I know how he feels when I do the same 'I'm fine' routine! haha
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have the same problem as you. I have been with hubby for 5 years (weve only been married for 5 months) but i have come to know when somethings wrong but have not figured out how to tell what it is. So i will ask, "whats wrong?" and he of course says, "nothing, im fine." which i know is wrong. It bugs the crap out of me. My mom tells me though that eventually i will learn to be able to tell.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Guys definitely don't cry it out or unleash everything like us girls. My guy will do the same as yours, I'm fine but his attitude says different. Usually, by the end of the day it surfaces while getting aggravated by the silliest thing. I've also learned at these times to maybe not get in the way or have the kids disturb him. DH told me just the other day while I was venting about his ex that he just doesn't like to talk about it, pretty much about any unpleasant issue. So, I get on CM and ask you ladies questions instead...hey, a girl needs that release.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011