When is the right time to tell my SO kids I love them??

Ive been with my SO for 9 months now. He and I have told each other we love each other. He tells my daughter he loves her. I love his boys and I'm scared to tell them because I dont want to force them to say it back or feel uncomfortable.

What you would do?

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd go with "I care about you alot"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you have to ask if it's time, it probably isn't. I would just wait. You can show your love for them without saying. It really is true that "a picture is worth a thousand words."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Don't force it, just tell it to them when you are feeling it just like you would with your own child. And since you anticipate that they may not be ready to reciprocate, then just be prepared for that so it is not an awkward moment. Don't let it stop you from speaking your heart to them.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I tell my daughter all the time and when we are all together his boys say, you say I love you a lot. We are never told that as much as you tell her. I'll look at them and kiss them on the forehead.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Say it in a lighthearted way that doesn't require a response from them. For example, when one of them does something funny, say, "I love you and your crazy sense of humor!" If that seems a step too far, start with, "I sure do love your sense of humor!" I'd go with something like that to start with, and then gradually do it in a more direct way.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I like your answer TweenandtwinMom. They will catch on to that. Thanks!
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011