Has anyone else noticed a rise in crimes and death in your eara?

I was just watching the local new and just in the last two weeks there have been 3 meth busts. 5 car accidents, a couple murders. The list just goes on. Now we live in a decent size town but i have never noticed so many crimes and deaths so close together. Is it just me or is this happening everywhere?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorta. I live in a small town and the biggest news a couple years ago was Mr. Jones running into Mrs. Smiths flower bed drunk. Or so in so's child ran away and we all have to help find her. It was one reason we chose this town in the first place. However, it is also a place once rich in factory jobs that have since been outsourced. Now we do have more crime, break ins, we have had 2 murders in the last year (one drug related & the other Zahra Baker though technically that was in a bigger town but she is from this small town). I blame it on the poor economy. People are really stressed out, losing their homes, cars, and watching their dreams go up in smoke. It makes them desperate and more susceptible to drug use I think.

Answer by gemgem at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yes. An incredible outbreak of armed robberies. We never had ANY in the past.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would research the stats... The crime rate may similar to previous years, but local news stations may be focusing more those crimes than in years past.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It varies according the type of crime but it seems to be getting a little better...except for robberies,considering how many people are out of work.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just on my way home I heard about a home invasion where the victim was stabbed and then the perpetrator stabbed himself...both were taken to the hospital. And we live in a SMALL town...One stoplight, small!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No, I live in a very safe community. The only violence I've heard of committed was family on family. No random killings or robberies
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Nope, we've had our share of stuff over the years but we haven't had any rises in rates for years. We have literally nothing in our town - we've had no murders, no robberies, we had 1 drug bust a few years ago...ah, the joys of itty bitty towns and rural living!
    Anonymous

• Small crimes and failure to appears are up..because our sheriff closed more than half the jail...rather than install bunkbeds..and then put it on the front page of the paper.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Noone does anything around here. I love it because the last town I lived in reading the local paper was depressing.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 1:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No. DH is in law enforcement, and crimes are not up in our town. The only deaths we've had recently were from illness and/or old age.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011