Nervous!

Have any of you taken your 1 year old on a plane withoutb your husband to help? I'm nervous. He doesn't like being held for too long and I am thinking it may be miserable. Suggestions?

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe try and bring some distractions for him...maybe some new books or a few new small toys to keep him busy.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ask doctor for something for the child's ear popping. Much luck!
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I took my 6 week old, but that was easy. I would also be nervous with a 1 year old. You can gate check the stroller. That helps. Roll it right up to the plane. They'll have it waiting for you when you get off. Have you ever given him a lolly pop? This would be a good time for that. It would be something new and might keep in interested. M&Ms? Whatever it takes to keep him quiet! Gook luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ihave been 8 monthes pregnant and took a 3 yo and a 10 month old on a plane before alone, and had to change planes half way thru...LOL You will make it, peoplewill help you!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011