I'm 1 month latefor my period, and have never skipped a month before. I took 5 pregnancy tests and all said negative. Could it still be too early to tell I'm pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Highly doubtful that you are pregnant. I would call the doc and get a blood test to be sure.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I was having real sharp pains in my right side, plus my period always skipped around, so I was going to the GYN to get tested and find out why it was doing that, and I peed in a cup everytime, and I went in once a week. but like the 6th time I was there they said I was 6 wks and 5 days preg.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Get a blood test. When I was pregnant with DD2 I missed my period in December and took 5-6 tests that all came out negative. Finally went in for something unrelated and they threw a blood test in with the rest of my labs. Well low and behold I was pregnant. Once I had an ultrasound it was determined that I conceived in Oct and what I had considered my period was actually implantation spotting.

Get a blood test. It is the most accurate way to find out. Then if it is still negative your doctor will be able to focus on anything else that could cause you to not have your period.

You can get false negatives with HPTs.
    MarineGurl02

Answer by MarineGurl02 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You can get false negatives, I did with my first child. I was testing almost every week (really was trying to conceive) and kept testing negative. I finally gave up and went to my ob gyn and he drew blood and tested positive, turns out I was 2 1/2 months along! It could also be a problem like a hormonal issue or something else, always best to check with your doctor.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2008