Is Western Union only used for sending money? I wanna scam a scammer.

I've been e-mailing this guy who I KNOW is scamming me, and I've been playing along just for fun. It's actually really funny how dumb this guy is and thinks I am. Anyway, he finally asked me to western union the deposit on this apartment that he'll "send me the keys to". Obviously I'm not going to send money, but I want to send a "ha ha" letter instead so when he picks it up he gets it instead of money. Can I do that? Also, is there a place to report frauds like this? He's asking me to send it to Spain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i would contact the police i used t work in a store and do western union and it happens ALOT!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Go girl lol
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Be careful. You never know what kind of nut you might be dealing with. I would just drop it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LOL I was looking for cars online and a guy had an 06 nissan murano listed for 4900. we started emailing and I quickly realized it was a scam. I REALLY wish I could have retaliated too! Lol Contacting the police isn't going to do any good. They can't really do anything.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• if you ask someone at wester uninon they will be able to report it for you but you cant just send a letter
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Are you absolutely positive it is a scam? I personally know ALOT of people who rent from people outside the US or from different states. These immigrants save up money, come here, buy up cheap houses and rent them out; then go back home. I know scams are rampant and it sucks but I also know I would be PISSED if someone wasted that much of my time when a serious renter would send the deposit and be moved in. I'm not trying to sound like a bitch, just please be careful. If its a legit scam, get the police involved, if its not, he can come after you for all sorts of things if he wanted.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 1:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well, I'm not going to send $1000, wait 3 days for the keys I'm "supposed to receive" from an Evangelist on a mission in Spain with his wife who apparently does not care that I stated I will be living in their 2 bedroom beach condo with my 4 wives, 3 husbands, 18 children, and 12 cats, to find out it was really a scam.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011