Would you assume he is cheating or just being an idiot?

My soon to be ex-dh and I were going through a rough patch a few years ago and photos of him surfaced online of him hanging out with some female "friends" without his wedding band on. He would say he had to work and go out to the bar and party with these "friends" and his buddies. On top of that I found a few emails while snooping through his phone where he was calling me his exwife and saying that he has been looking around but hasnt found anything worth keeping as far as a girlfriend.

to this day he still says he never cheated on me even during our rough patches and I don't believe him.

I know it doesnt matter now because we are getting a divorce but it still bugs me.. am I wrong for assuming he was cheating or would you think the same thing to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Id think the same thing and did. My ex denied and still denies he ever cheated lol. I had 48 pages of online message board rants about how he was cheating. AND he moved in with his mistress. He claims they were just talking and nothing had happened and did not until after he moved in. I am like yeah right, and I have some beach front property in AZ for sale too. trust your instincts. He was likely cheating.

Answer by gemgem at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I wouldn't say you're wrong, it is suspicious, but in the end of it all it doesn't matter.. Let go and move on!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would think he was, or at least trying to. But you're right, it doesn't matter now, so why let it upset you?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What does your gut say?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I just hate that even though we are divorcing it feels like he can't be truthful.. makes me want to know what else he lied about and if i can even trust him to tell the truth about what goes on with our daughters.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• he probably was. but atleast you are getting him out of your life!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Honey, you know he did. Respect your gut instincts. I know how you feel. I found out a year after leaving my ex had been sleeping with everyone in town. He was a very good liar. It got to me for a little bit but I moved on very easily.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Like musicmama, I know where you are coming from and have been there. In the process of my divorce, I felt like I'd been married to a figment of my imagination and that I didn't really know my exhusband at all. Even though I knew it was an execise in futility, I endlessly puzzled over what made him act that way and how I could have been so easily fooled. Eventually it will hurt less and you will be able to move on.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What difference does it make now? You're divorcing this man and he will never tell you the truth, atleast until he's ready to tell you but by then, it still wouldn't matter....I say, let it go and begin the new chapter in your life without any baggage from him...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 12:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• let go of the past, it's only going to haunt you and keep you down. just because he may have lied about it affair, doesn't mean he will lie to you about what goes on with your daughters- two totally different situations. and trust me, that saying "some things are better left uknown" is a saying for a reason- i've found it to be very true!! doesn't mean it's easy, but let it go and move on...
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011