My daughter has separation anxiety, how can someone else put her to bed?

She is 13 months old and still has separation anxiety with anyone other than my husband and myself. I would like for my sister (who lives next door!) and my mother (who also sees baby very often) to put her to bed from time to time, but she won't even let them hold her without crying. Any ideas?

LisaG10

Asked by LisaG10 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe try putting her to bed together, with you holding her for a while, then with one of them holding her, put her to bed together for a while. Then, try having one of them put her to bed alone? I hope this helps. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just keep putting her to bed yourself. I wouldn't push it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• same problem with me same age too. My DH rocks her to sleep every night. But if he goes out or isnt home by bedtime and I try i takes double the time. The only other person (which was 1 time) she fell asleep with was my Dad cause neither of us were home due to company party. And i cant do the cry yourself to sleep thing. Sorry no advice just in the same boat
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thank you for the responses! Yeah, its hard because there are occasions we would like to go somewhere that is right at bedtime so just one of us go or not at all. I know someday this won't be a problem, just hoping to speed it along if we can. I feel bad she still isn't comfortable enough with them, but they know its just a stage!
    LisaG10

Comment by LisaG10 (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• play peek a boo often. Have Grandma and Auntie play with you.
    Anonymous

• Get the holding without crying part down first I say... Then try the putting to bed?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011