HOW CAN I TAKE MY YOUNGER SON OUT OF MY HUBBYS ARMS

IT SEEMS EVERYTIME MY HUBBY IS HOME MY YOUNGER SON IS IN ARMS DONT WANT TO BE PUT DOWN MY HUBBY CAN GO TAKE A SHOWER, BATHROOM, EAT GO OUTSIDE TAKE OUT THE TRASH, CAUSED MY SON WANTS MY HUBBY TO HOLD HIM, IS THIS A BAD THING

mbaca

Asked by mbaca at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does your husband mind?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Have your husband put your son down. Let him throw his fit and when your husband is done doing what he needs to do; shower, trash, whatever, then have him go pick your son up. Your son will eventually learn that daddy will be back to get him, and won't throw his fits. It will take some time, but stick with it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• thats so cute my husband loves that our 14month is like this with him since our 4 yr old was not. He probably just misses him while hes at work. Its not bad cause it wont last forever
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 12:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think it's normal, especially because you have a boy and because dad is gone more than you are.
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 12:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Often, children this age will attach themselves to a main caregiver, usually a parent. It's not a bad thing so long as it doesn't get to the point to where u have to change your normal routine just to appease him and it doesn't bother your husband. Good luck. I would try having your husband and yourself sit in the floor for a while each day and play with him together maybe? then he will realize he can spend time with both of you without anyone having to hold him?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It is normal for him to want dad to hold him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think it's normal. My 2 yo is the same way with his dad - and my husband loves it! :) He takes a shower with him, lets him come with him to take the garbage out, eats while our 2 yo eats, etc. I know it's because he sees me all day and is excited when his dad gets home. Plus there's a gender identification role that comes into play too - he starts realizing he's a boy and that dad is a boy and that's who he wants to be like. It won't last forever and my husband definitely savoring it while it does.

Answer by missanc at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My DS is the same way when my Hubby is home. The best thing I have found is to just let them be buddies, if he needs to get up instead of caring him have your hubby hold his hand and let them walk together.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My son is like this with me. I have no answers for you! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• my 3 year old used to throw fits when he was about that old whenever dh left... i always told him that daddy alway comes back because he loves you. and whenever dh got home i would be all excited and tell him "look!!! daddy came back because he loves you!!!" he could be acting like that because he's scared that his daddy wont come back. try to reasure him whenever dh leaves and have dh spend time with him as soon as h gets home, then see if your son want to "help" daddy get ready for a bath, help with putting a towel or something in the bathroom, ect. have dh make a big deal about how helpful he is so daddy can go take a shower. you might just have to figure out ways for him to help so he wont have to be held all the time by dh.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011