Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any-one know how to get a child psychologist involved ?

Does any one in the uk prefably in birmingham know how to get a child psychologist involved with a child ?

Answer Question

Asked by helpwithson at 12:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 4 (35 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Start by asking about the school psychologist or ask if they have anyone they suggest. Check with your insurance to see what is covered and schedule an appointment


    Answer by skittles1108 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • I would call the physician that your child regularly sees for Pediactrics, or go in and see him/her. They will likely give you protocol or start the process for you getting approved for services.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • The most effective way would be to request it in writing with the reasons why. And keep a copy of it.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • Can you talk to your child's pediatrician?

    Answer by Charizma77 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.