Help choosing color for living room

I am trying to choose the right color for my living room, I have a gold colored couch and love seat and gold colored curtains. I am at a loss as to what color to paint my living room, right now it's white with brown trim.... defiantly need something different

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• something in the violet color scheme

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would do a beige with a lighter and darker gold and cream colored sponge, very lightly over the beige would look kind of leather like, add dark brown and some dark olive green to floors and throw pillows and curtain tops( BEAUTIFUL)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Red accents also look good with golds
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would go chocolate, myself. Goldtones with a dark brown hue on the walls, you could accent with a deep, dark turquoise, a dark brandy red, or a dark ocean blue.

I choose color pallets by shopping for comforter sets, bathroom decor, or find a painting I would center the room around.

I have dark leather furniture, and a tan/gold laz-e boy to accent. I have a golden creme color for my walls, raw pine tables, and iron lamps. I have dark reds, turquoise, and burnt Orange for my decorations, and a lot of live plants.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try a cream/tan color with either a gold blend or a very slight red blend to it....
    or paint one wall a brownish red color and the others a deep cream with a gold
    trim...
    Use tan/red/brown/gold/black for accents thru-out the room...

My fireplace is red, I have cream walls with a chair rail border in hunters green and a floral
    wall paper under that (lower half of livingrm wall)... My dining room has one solid red wall
    cream walls to blend into living room (flowing) ... brown real wood trims thru out and
    green/pale blue furniture in living room... accents are red/green/ blue/ floral print...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Blue and cream,sage any of those colors.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011