Black Friday Death!

I personally can not stand the whole "Black Friday" thing, however I don't care if other people want to do it. But today, on Long Island a man who worked for Wal-Mart was trampled to death by over 200 people. Also, during that a rush a pregnant woman was pushed to the floor causing her to miscarry. Can you imagine!? This is just one of the reasons I will never enter a store on Black Friday! Is saving maybe $20 bucks worth killing people? I am just so disturbed by this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Shopping

• Oh my gosh! I just saw that on the news too! I live on Long Island as well! I am so shocked! I don't shop on Black Friday either, but I just can't imagine being that poor mans family! People really have to remember what the holidays are about, not what you buy or get just being around people you love.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• OMG! That is horrible, I mean what is wrong with people???
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• where did you read that at?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html
    I also saw it on my local news.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• greed thats whats wrong with people
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• well where i live it's not that bad thankfully!! i went out this morning and there was tons of people but as far as i know no one even hurt.. but that is terrible to hear!!!! =(
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I live in pa and so far things have been pretty calm. that's horrible that people are that selfish, greedy and careless. that's one of the reasons i stay in, i'm not getting ambushed (or worse) by anybody.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i live in the Pacific NW and I know that there were issues today, not around where we were, but elsewhere.. funny thing though, we didnt see anything worth while, we always go, i think we go for the spirit of what the day means... my mom and friends all wear matching bottoms, and same colored shirts.. and just do the walk thrus.. there is nothing that i want so bad that it can't wait. The spirit of giving is to me, what black friday is, not the greed of buy buy buy... sure i'll buy 200 sheets of cardstock, so that i can make pages and cards for everyone i love, but thats me, i love to do that.. that man who was trampled, i just feel so sorry for his family... I hope that WalMart doesnt say they wont help to pay for his funeral...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2008