Anyone get their pet neutered and see a 180 degree temperament change for the better?

My cat Casey was so aloof and unsocial before we got her spayed. Now she's talkative and loveable! Its amazing what hormones can do!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pets

• We had that happen with My female cat as well. she would hide from everyone and would only come out when it was quiet.. got her fixed and she walks up to people and will demand to be petted lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My male cat seemed to have gotten smarter...I mean it. LOL! He used to run into stuff, we had problems with spraying, egh. He has always been an affectionate cat, and that hasn't changed. He just doesn't seem as dumb as he used to be and he isn't peeing in my house...so that's a plus!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh, okay, so she was a little bit older. I've had 5 female cats--2 of them were fixed when they were around 6 months old, right after I got them. The other 3 were already spayed when I became their mommy (yes I did just say that, and yes, I am lame).
    I have one cat right now who is so aloof, so disdainful of us that she drives me crazy. I was hoping she'd warm up as she got older, but she's about 3 or 4 years old (not sure exactly, as we found her wandering outside so we don't know her background) and so far, she's still the snootiest, cold-as-ice cat I've ever known. Not mean, mind you--she doesn't even give enough of a rip about you to bother clawing you. Usually when I try to pet her, she just gives me a withering look and walks away. I really am unworthy.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Our kitten was SO playful and wild and crazy and then it changed her completely.. I don't think its for the better, I miss that kitten stuff but its cute how much she cuddles now!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• She must just be soooo relieved that she's not going to have to deal with any little rugrats, lol.
    IDK, my cats were all very young when they were fixed, so I'm not exactly sure how much personality change was due to fixing VS. growing out of the kitten state.
    How old is Casey?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I didn't notice a change but then my 3 youngest cats were spayed/neutered between 2 and 5 months of age. My youngest dog was done at 4 months, my oldest at 7 months (thats when we adopted her). My other dog was done two years before we adopted him from the shelter( did not seem to settle him down though) and my oldest cat was done before we got her.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My female Sheltie was spayed at 6 months and my male Sheltie was neutered at 8 months. I didn't notice any changes in either of them.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• lol!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• she just turned 2 on the 27th
    she was fixed last September
    I was just "talking" to her and was thinking about how much she changed after the fix

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Aww,fur babies! lol

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011