Anyone Have bad allergies?

I just went to the Doctor and got Flonase, Singular, albuterol and pulmicort.. $123 and a $25 later... I should be set right.. ugh.. sometimes it really stinks to have them this bad.. Would I be better with trying to get allergy shots?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• allergy shots do help alot but controlling your enviroment is the best thing you can do. GEt hepa filters, mattress encasings, pillow encasing, go chemical free in the house. I only clean with vinegar and baking soda. I use hypoallergenic everything soap and etc. I also use all free and clear. Get a hypoallergenic vacumn and we could advise better if you told us what you major reactors were. I did everything I listed above and take daily allegra benedryl before allegra was on the market and that is it I am under control.
    opinionatedmom

Answer by opinionatedmom at 2:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have a pretty bad allergy to latex, but I don't take anything for it. If I am going into a hospital or a child's birthday party (balloons), I will take a benadryl, but that usually doesn't work anyway. On a day-to-day basis, I am okay as long as I don't actually touch anything with latex in it. I will say it is a pain in the ass, because latex is in a lot of elastics and that means that socks, bras, underwear, sweatpants, etc all have the potential to bother me, especially if they are old and worn. I'll end up with polka dots where the elastic was showing through in panties or whatever. Egh!

Still...at least it doesn't cost me like that every month.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have bad allergy's, but I was on prescription Allegra, now its over the counter. You have to take allergy medicines for several weeks or days to build up for it to work well. The tree pollen here in SC is a 1/2 deep it's so thick this year.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I took Allegra whennit was a script now it's OTC so use it
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have bad allergies (they are even worse while pregnant) I take Claritin everyday once a day and it works wonders for me. You could always try that.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 10:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011