How to quit resenting my husbands Ex

My husband and I have been together for 6 years. We relocated our home,and my 3 boys, 4 years ago to be closer to his 3 daughters. A few months after we bought our home his Ex moves 500 miles away from us. I have a deep resentment for her and have tried to let it go. I see how much it hurts my husband, not having his girls close by. Now his oldest (20) is going to be getting married, I need to be able to forgive his Ex before the wedding. How do I approach this? Should I speak to the Ex about my feelings?

anets6

Asked by anets6 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to figure out why you resent her so much. It has to be for more than moving 500 miles away with his kid's. Come to terms on your own or with your hubby, but DONT confront the ex over them. That's just asking for trouble.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Wouldn't solve anything to confront the ex. What happened is over and can't be undone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• moving 500 miles away after that move would be enough for me!
    you have right to your feelings, but I wouldn't talk to the ex about it. you're the new wife and she'll probably blow you off anyway.

I'd say do all you can to hold your tongue during the wedding and have fun.
    Anonymous

• I feel the reason she moved away was simply out of spite, to hurt my husband. Maybe there is something more to why I feel this way about her. I am always on good behaviour whenever we are around each other. As long as I am cordial and polite, I suppose that is the best for everyone. I don't want to be her best friend but I thought if her and I had a better relationship then it would be better for my husband and their daughters.
    anets6

Comment by anets6 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i know it hurts your husband by what she did, but it isn't your fight to battle. its your husband's. you have no say so as to what she does with her daughters. just be cordial you don't have to forgive her because i'm pretty sure she is acting like a bitch but there is nothing you can do. and if you confort her i think you will do more damage and it might affect the feelings of your daughters towards you.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just . let . it . go ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011