Do you feel like your IMPORTANT questions never get answered?

I always feel like that the questions I ask on CafeMom that I would really love some answers to go pretty much ignored, while silly questions like "Do you love Obama?" Get 50 answers!!

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 1:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I feel you on that. It drives me crazy sometimes. I dont ask to many important questions but once in a while i will and will only get like 2 responses where as my other questions like "what did take to the hospital with you" or "when did you have everything ready for baby" ect. Get like 10 to 20 responses. Maybe it just has to do with wealther or not someone really know the answer or feels like what they would say would be a good response. Like i dont always know what to say on important questions some women ask and i dont want to write down bad info for them so i usually just bump them.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, I do feel that way. There have been times where I have posted annoymous over a very serious question and I got NO reponses. Drives me nuts.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I feel the same way sometimes but it really depends on the time of day you ask.. the political trolls are a 24/7 thing but sometimes the answers we want are more of time based..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Brighteyes, out of curiosity I just took a look at your question history, and I note that you typically get about 10-15 answers per question. And of the ones I've peeked at... they were QUALITY answers.

I'd rather get ONE GOOD answer than a hundred poor responses. In the Obama-type questions, 45 out of those 50 answers aren't worth much.

More is not necessarily better!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try to ask in the evening, sometime between supper and bed. Those seem to be the times when there's a lot of people on here.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would keep posting the same question at different times of the day different days of the week to capture as many different answers as I could. Of course be prepared that someone will say to you "why are you asking this question again?" - and you just need to ignore them. Ask away - you aren't breaking any rules!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yep, totally. Well, they get a few answers, but not as many as if I started a controversial post. It's pretty sad, really. That's why I always Bump the questions where I think the person really needs answers, whether I have an answer myself or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ya......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No, I've rarely seen a question go with zero answers. Some subjects will always get more than others, but last I checked, it wasn't a contest to see who can get the most answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree that important answers don't get the attention as some of the sensational ones do, but then you get a couple of answers from people who genuinely thought about your question and not just a quick reply.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011