Is there a way to tell who you get thumbs down votes on?

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 1:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No, but I wish it was possible. Then again, that would probably start an entirely new level of drama, so maybe it's best that we can't tell, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Why would you want to? Is their opinion really that important to you? Just blow it off. It doesn't really matter.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just curious....and no their opinion isn't that important. I dont know any of these people from adam, kword. You have a good point, just dont read more into the question than what it is.
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with LovingSAHMommy...I can only imagine the drama it would create if everybody could see who downvoted them. It would probably be enough to keep me from wanting to come here anymore, seriously.

I think cafemom was wise in their decision not to show that :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't think I've ever been voted down, (shows how much I pay attention. lol) but the curious side of me would prob. rather know, why they voted me down, (just because peoples opinions are interesting to me) over who it was. I do think that it would def. cause major DRAMA though, so it's prob. in everyone's best interest that it doesn't!! lol.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No there is not.

When the system was first started (vote up/down) you could..briefly..lol and I do mean it was short lived.. It DID cause a whole lot of drama that was not needed or wanted by most who are in this section. People are petty enough. People give others a hard time often enough around here. Adding more fuel to the petty bickering bonfire that gets lit around here at times, would be pointless.

People say all the time "I don't care, wouldn't bother me so we should be able to see".. Reality is usually very different in many cases. Once people start seeing who is voting them down (because in some cases, there are those who get voted down by certain people no matter what they write because of personal pettiness) over and over again, tensions would rise around here (more so than they do on their own already..lol)

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No I dont think there is a way? I have never checked because I honestly dont care who votes me down. I have been voted down for the silliest reasons.

Answer by gemgem at 1:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No I wouldnt even waste my time trying to find something as insignifacant as that out.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Nope. I get voted down for the dumbest things too, lol. I think people are just out there voting down for fun.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LOL @ the votedowns on the last answer, also grow up if you are serious. but LMAO
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011