Dinner 911 help!!

Ok i forgot to take my meat out of the freezer yesterday, i wanted to make an angus beef eye round roast, its frozen solid. Is there hope if i put it on 250 for the next 4-5 hours? We usually eat by 6:30- 7??? If there is hope how do i cook it??? I never made one before? Not that I remember anyway.

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• bump
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Cook it at 350 and cover it with foil. If you want it pink in the middle cook for about 3 hours. well done 5 hours. It should be fine even if frozen solid when you start.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• NO!!!!! Never try to cook partially frozen meat! Your best bet is to place it in a bowl in the sink with the tiniest stream of water running over it and another bowl of water weighing it down. This is the easiest way to defrost without ruining your meat.

After its soft and floppy again,a little more than an hour before dinnertime, pat it dry with paper towels, salt and pepper both sides and leave it on the counter for 15 min.
    Get an ovenproof pan nice and hot (med-hi) on the stove top, add a little oil, brown meat on all sides.
    Add a couple TBSP butter to the pan and put it in a hot (425) oven.
    Baste it with the butter every 10-15 min.
    Use a probe thermometer to check for doneness (or learn the trick the pros use; the hand!).
    I like mine rare to med rare, 135*. Good Luck!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 1:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Hmmmm, I would just put it in the crock pot. That's how I cook eye of round steaks.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'd let it sit in some water first in a bowl to defrost it a little then in the oven.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Heat defrosting creates dry tough meat, FYI.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 1:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thank you all, I'm trying the water method, worse comes to worse it won't be done and we will get take out..lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you cook it frozen you will ruin it. Either thaw it in some water or make something different and cook the roast tomorrow.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try to thaw it in some water before hand
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• im sure it will work
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2011