what is the difference??

I want an MP3 player or an Ipod for my husband for Christmas...but I am not sure what the difference is. What are the benefits/drawbacks of each? All answers will be greatly appreciated.

trentntats

Asked by trentntats at 11:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Entertainment

• I personally think the ipod is better, because my sister had an mp3 and it broke easily, ahes bought 3 so far, and I still have my same 1. the ipod, you can put more stuff on, like songs, movies and pictures. im pretty sure you can't get all that on an mp3. good luck shopping for him, guys are so hard to buy for lol.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• The Ipod is soooo much easier. I have a Ipod Nano, my son has an Ipod Shuffle, and my stepson has a Coby mp3. The Ipod nano and shuffle are so easy to put songs on. I have one heck of a time with the other one.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I started with an mp3 and then went to an iPod. I still use both. My iPod holds ALOT more songs. Also, you can download books, and like the above poster mentioned, movies, pictures. There are many extras, like an alarm clock, set your own playlists, sleep timer & clock etc. One thing with the iPod to remember is that Apple owns it. You can only download from the apple website (iTunes), which isn't really a bad thing.
    iPod is better if you want to load more than just music.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 12:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Keep in mind that and IPod has to download music from Itunes. You can download them from other sites and upload them to Itunes but it HAS to be Itune formatted to work. MP3 can use other downloading sites...which is more convenient. However, there are much more IPod accessories than there are for MP3 players. So that's more convenient than MP3's.

As far as what can hold more...it all depends on the Gigabytes. I mean you can get a small Ipod shuffle or a 4GB MP3 and obviously the MP3 is going to hold more. The more GB the more songs you're gonna hold. Again, as with all things quality is usually price based. Buy something cheap and expect that it won't be as durable as something of higher quality.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• mp3's are cheaper and work just as well. I had a USB mp3 player. Loved it, don't use it so much anymore because i am a SAHM of 3 now, so I don't use it much. But i wouldn't go spend a crazy amount of money or anything. THe one i had I got at Best Buy for about $80 dollars and it was by SONY. You can just plug it into the computer and it charges the battery too. It was great. And you plug it straight into the computer (no wires) to download music onto it.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 3:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008