What just happened here? TMI (SRY) adult content

I have been off my period for 3 days now. No bleeding , no spotting, nothing....and this is where it gets kind of gross....I'm standing up and I feel like I may have just wet myself. When I get to the bathroom there is a quarter size clot in my underwear. Should I be freaking out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like your uterus retained some of the lining it should've shed and it just now came out. I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you are worried, call your gyne and get checked out.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 1:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I get that on occasion. Because the lining can be thicker in places, its seems like a chunk comes out instead of just fluid. I'd only freak out if it hurts, and for me, its only ever hurt like cramps after finding clots during the regular cycle. I have had the clots come early show up just after.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 1:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Freak out but with appropriate arrangements....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Hmm...I would call your dr about it just to be sure it's ok. Sounds like you had a clot that wouldn't pass with your period and it blocked the flow off. That could cause problems if it hadn't come out. Are your periods normally this short as well?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i use to get those and they would be about dime size to quarter size when i would get my period. i hated that. but now i'm on depo so i don't get that anymore. maybe talk to your doctor and see.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011