Am I crazy??? Any advice???

I'm going to have my third baby in a month. (She was a surprise). My other 2 will be 2 1/2 and 1. I know if I wasnt on birth control then what did i exspect to happen. But I had to wait an extra month to be get the IUD and by then I was pregnant. Anyway. I am scared I dont know how I'm going to do it. I dont have family to help me they are here but they wont help even when I have her. I have to have a c-sec just like I did with my other 2 and I have no one to help be but my SO when I come home. Do you ladies have any advice on how to handle this? I know number one is to have the older two on a schedule. They are right now I just hope they dont get out of the hang of it with me being gone for 3 days because daddy does things different then i do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dont worry, I thought the same thing but my older 2 got back into the swing quickly. Another great thing to do is talk to them as much as possible before the new babies arrival. Maybe you can get them a baby to take care of too. (Even if they are boys, they like it too I know because my older 2 are boys)
    When the baby comes include them like getting a diaper for you, putting things in the laundry. Yours are at the perfect age of wanting to be helpfull. This makes them feel included so they are not left on the back burner.

conti
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Another thing you can do is write down the schedule for your SO. This way he wont have to wing it so much. Just tell them that the kids are easier to take care of when they stay on a schedule. He should understand that. Make sure you have peanut butter, and jelly, mac and cheese, foods you know he can cook. Ya it's not that nutritious but it works in a binde.
    My sister took care of mine when I was in the hospital and she is not a schedule person so I tryed to prepare her as much as possible. Not to mention she has 3 of her own.
    Hope this helps
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My best advice is to plan on breastfeeding the new one exclusively if you can. First, it will free you up so that you don't have to stop and prepare/wash bottles. That is what saved me when I had two 17 months apart. I could chase him around and all I had to do was slip the baby under my shirt and he was taken care of!
    Also, when you are BFing exclusively (no bottles no binkys, feeding frequently) it will be really hard for you to get preg again in the first 6 months, plenty of time to get that IUD. "It (exclusive breastfeeding) may be used for up to six months postpartum during full or nearly full breastfeeding and amenorrhea (no period), and has been shown in clinical trial to be 99 percent effective (in preventing pregnancy)."
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008