Do you like the school your child goes to?

Why or why not? If you don't like the school why don't you change it? :D

I like my daughters school for the most part but I don't like one of her teachers (She has 3.) She tries to tell you how to parent and it is starting to get on my nerves! I think I am going to tell the teacher I don't like being told how to parent, and if she doesn't change her ways I am talking to her supervisor.

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 1:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sure do, we school at home =D

In my city, you cannot just change your child's school. Everything is zoned and it's incredibly hard to switch schools unless your switching to private and paying a fortune.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yep! We home school.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yep love it. 3 of my kids have now gone to this elementary school. I love the teachers, the parents there (most I know and have known for years), the activities they have for the kids, the fact they are involved with the community, and all of that. Honestly I have never ever had a problem with any teacher there either, and I had one go through 5th grade there so thats a good accomplishment to go that long without any problems.

Answer by gemgem at 2:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love the school that my grandchildren are attending...
    I am raising a grandson (since birth) and he has been in this school
    since pre-school and now is in 4th grade...
    They are on top of ea child..and if there is a problem (of any kind) they are
    on the phone with parents and setting up help (if needed)... I can talk to any of my grandson's
    teachers thru e-mail... past and present teachers ... they are very attuned with the children...and I
    like that (as a retired pre-school teacher myself, open communication is #1)
    We are in a small town public school....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'm kind of neutral. We moved to this school in Nov and I still haven't made up my mind. I like this school because it is doing more to help my son control his emotional/social problems he's having, but I'm not sure they're keeping him adequately challenged academically. In another few weeks we'll find out if he's made it into the Challenge/Gifted/Highly Capable program for next year or not. This District we moved into is one of the worst in my state for meeting education requirements.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ! We are military and our kids go to school about 500 feet from my house. It is DODEA ( deoprtment of Defnce Education Asociation we still say the pledge, we still use the word God, and our kids are taght tolerace, and america pride right along with the highest education certificates in the US!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have to say that out of all the schools my kids have gone to (we move a lot), the one they are in here in TX is THE WORST.
    pretty much in every way- the administration, the kids, the website, the rules, academically-not good either...

We are moving back to New Mexico and I can't wait to have them in a decent school again
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do and I don't. I like my son's kindergarten teacher and my senior has a math teacher from hell. The lunch room is bug infested( I reported them for it so I'm not sure what is getting done as a result) but the new principle has some great anti bullying ideas that are really working and every school should do what he does and less kids would get bullied.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• love his hs..But it is catholic and private and so worth the money, no doubt about it....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011