Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to find about $1000 FAST any suggestions?

I am unemployed and don't get much in child support. My phone has already been cut off and my light are about to be cut off.

Answer Question

Asked by MChildressDem at 2:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 20 (9,966 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Sell your personal belongings.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 2:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • can you get a job? if you have good credit try talking to your bank for a small loan.

    Answer by malkaTZ at 2:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • I have been looking for a job and thanks to my ex I have terrible credit

    I have sold about everything I HAVE

    Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • title loan? Of course without income this may not be possible or a very good idea... I am guesing you have no one to borrow from... Have you tried the salvation army for utility help? Call 211 and see what they can offer.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 2:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • you can do surveys online or apply for grants having to do with getting a new home or helping out women. There are also services you can offer like maid services, baby sitting, pet sitting...these things make small amounts of cash also. It won't be easy but if you work hard it can happen.

    Answer by BBHirsch at 2:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • Town offices help with emergency stuff once, check with them. Then contact your electric service and perhaps they will give you an extension, also churches may be able to help with the electric bill. Other than selling your belongings or blood I don't have any suggestions as how to generate $1000.00 quickly.

    Answer by meooma at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • Sell stuff. Ask your family for a loan. Advertise on craig's list any work you are willing to do like typing or housework or childcare. Do you have a house? Take out an equity loan. File your taxes online and get your return back fast. Go to your town's or state's welfare/human services department and see if they can help you. Try a local church. Good Luck!

    Answer by Inloveagain at 2:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • If you have actual shut off notices call local churches, caseworker if you or on assistance,red cross, united way or catholic charities. Ask your family or friends for a loan or if you know of anyone who needs babysiting,house cleaning or needs errands ran for them.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • Try Catholic Social Services, they have helped my cousin in the past. With you having children I am sure they would help you.

    Answer by momoftaterbug at 2:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

  • Have a garage sale.

    Answer by musicmom08 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.