Would you ever be a surrogate?

I'm considering it. I may have a year and a half before I start my nursing program, and I think it would be a WONDERFUL gift to be able to give someone. It wouldn't be my own egg, and I'm going to ask a nurse I know that's been a surrogate who she went through. I just think it would be a neat thing to do for someone. Yes, the money would be nice, too. I loved being pregnant (and I think I did it well). Thoughts?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 2:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I want to, very badly. I want another pregnancy/birth experience, but I DON'T want another baby. I'm still nursing my toddler, but I plan to start the surrogacy journey as soon as she weans. I think if it's something you're comfortable doing and willing to do, why not? There will be no shortage of people willing to use your services. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I never would, but I have horrible, high risk pregnancies. I think that if you are willing to do it, it's an amazing gift to give someone.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• For me it would only be for a close family member, perhaps a sibling. I mentally could not go through the seperation whether it was my own egg or not. I truly wish that I was strong enough for it and give lots of credit to ladies that are.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would if I could. I have incompetent cervix though and nobody would want me to try just to risk losing the babe.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Man! I go over this in my head all the time! I didn't mind being prego at all and I have this friend who has tried so hard to have children. I am scared that I would be so attached to the baby! Or what if they ended up being nut cases for parents!? She is one of my best friends and I don't in a million years thing she would be, but what if....
    gardenmommy2

Answer by gardenmommy2 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would if my husband would agree to it, but he won't.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would not because being pregnant is not for me. I only liked the end result of being pregnant.! But I think it is a wonderful gift to give someone. Good question.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would LOVE to be. I loved being pregnant, the first few weeks of getting up with the baby were the hardest thing for me. so if i could give a happy couple a healthy baby why not?!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, I would do it for a family member or a friend....I would want them to be a part of everything..docs appts, sonograms....everything....and I would love throwing them a baby shower lol (can you tell I've thought about this)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't think I could. I was miserable when I was pregnant with my daughter. Plus, I don't think I could carry a child for nine months and then give it up, even if it wasn't mine.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011