"above the influence" TV adds-

I noticed last night Two things:
first, Clean and Clear TV adds are retarded, yes, I totally sit in my bathroom with my besty playing footsy, and popping our pimples and cleaning our faces together while giggling endlessly.
Second off-
I've NEVER seen an "above in influence" add with a white teen- ever..
What does this say!?!
I was a drug addict for years, (sober now 29 months) I am white, from a middle class home with two parents and was offered good education.
In all my years of selling and doing drugs, I only personally knew 2 black drug dealers, and one of which didn't use- (I guess he was much smarter than myself) Maybe perhaps its because I come from primarly a white comunity...Hmm. what do u think?

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've seen adds with both white and black people .
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I've never seen an "above the influence" add that didn't feature multiple races.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I was watching MTV last night and the two that I saw that made me think of this was a black kid who recked his mothers car and his father was screaming at him and another black kid walked into the garage and handed him a brain and said "yo u left this at the party last night" N the other one was a bunch of black kids sitting at a diner and a two other black kids came in the diner and was like "yo lets go smoke pot" or somthing along those lines, and the black kid declined and the black owner of the diner said "its on me" when the kid tired to pay. that was in a 10 mintue period. I've seen more like this feturing mexican girls, black men even a black girl- SOMETIMES however the add is showing a person of color (whatever htat color may be) who says "I live above the influnce because lbah blah blah" But I've never seen one with a white child do was "under the influence" I must do reserch..I just found it odd is all.
    JnCV

Comment by JnCV (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The ads are here...with whites....

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/the-ads/#

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I really think you're just reading into things. I like the ads personally. It's good to see something positive on tv.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I just watched them all- there were 3 adds with black children, One the kid was on drugs, the other a group of black kids were on drugs and one black kid wasnt, ad one the black girl was above the influence. One with a white kid of drugs two with white kids living above the influnce and a squirls. Lol
    ur right, I am reading too into this, I just dont know why in my area where I live, I only ever see the black children ones- When I know WAAYY to many white people my age that live around me, or go to work with me wherever that are screwed up on crack and stuff.
    JnCV

Comment by JnCV (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Omg I hate the Clean and Clear commercials too. Haha soooooo lame! But yes I have seen Above the Influence commercials with white teens. One was a girl passed out on a chair, there was one with a bunch of kids being puppets, and another with a boy in his room with all these people coming in and changing his clothes and making him be something he wasn't.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011