When did you introduce baby food to your little one?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wanted to start at 6 month, but He was sooo into it, looking intensively at us eating, trying to reach every food he could... and he was sitting up pretty good in his chair, so we started at 5 1/2 months... we gave him carrots the first week, then waited a few days and gave him avocado for a week. Both were home prepared and organics. He loved it, although it was kind of weird for him to eat other than breast milk.. Now Im in the period where i have to wait a couple more days before trying something else... I cant wait !! I am so exited
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 8:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I made my own. And really for my little ones it has varied greatly depending on whether they seemed ready for it. Between 5 months and 8 months is when we introduced any kind of solids.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• DS was 4 months when he had rice cereal then a week or so later we did Squash in a jar. He was formula fed so I just followed the peds recommendations.
    DD was 6 almost months before she got rice cereal and then it was a few weeks beofre we added a jar of food. She was breast fed so I put the spoon off a little longer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• In the jar I mean
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• DD was7 months
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• They were both 4 months old. They could easily hold themselves stable in a sitting position and watched us like hawks whenever we ate ANY food. We had to be a little more careful with my daughter than my son though. She wound up getting rashes at her temples with most fruits and sweet potatoes, all from Gerber. She's not allergic to anything now, but I *think* she had some major sensitivities when we started. We even took her for allergy testing but the symptoms and causes were too nebulous to be an effective test.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 4 months.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 7 months!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 5 1/2 months
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I introduced baby foods to my twins at the age of 5 months, I made sure only to give them the foods that were labeled "1st Foods". It depends on the mother of the child and what she believes she should do, WIC starts giving children baby food at 6 months, I have a cousin who fed her baby at 4 months.
    ajmcheath

Answer by ajmcheath at 8:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011