?? For any moms that have used St. Johns Wart ??

If you used it for mild depression, did it work? And if so, were there any side effects?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• It can work... I've taken it for depression in the past, but unfortunately because it's naturopathic it's not covered by my drug plan and ironically it's much more cost effective for me to take a more traditional SSRI.

It does interact with some meds, so if you're on anything else, check to make sure it's okay first. It makes your skin and eyes more photosensitive, so make sure you wear a good sunscreen and sunglasses to reduce the risk of cataracts later on in life. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• IT can work for mild depression, my husband is on it and we both can tell it works, my depression was too severe and it didn't work
    you can also try Same' ( sounds like sammy ) Good luck!~ Be careful of the sun while taking it .
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• St John'sWORT!!!! Not 'wart"... a wart is a problem. LOL.
    I used it several years ago and it made absolutely no difference in how I felt.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011