What's for dinner when you don't feel like cooking?

What do you make for dinner when the last thing on earth you want to do is cook? I usually make tacos or if I'm feeling REAL lazy....Hamburger Helper lol

How about you?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• For the portobello burgers: one portobello mushroom per person. Remove the stem. Clean the cap gently. Brush it with olive oil, sprinkle on hamburger seasoning and grill it over medium coals or medium heat for a few minutes on each side, til its softened. Put on a bun with your regular hamburger toppings. We love to top it with some sliced provolone cheese while its still on the grill and put it on a toasted bun with mayo, grilled onion, tomato and lettuce. Yummy. Really good with sweet potato fries or regular fries :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LOL! My husband says Tacos are my default meal! Tonight is church night and there is nothing going in the crock pot..guess what's for dinner!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Takeout!!!

Answer by older at 2:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Pizza or takeout.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• cereal or takeout
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I keep home-made frozen egg rolls and potstickers in the freezer, a pot of rice and some of those makes a pretty quick and good meal. Sometimes I also stir fry a small amount of vegies to serve on the rice. I also like to have frozen pizza on hand. Others I fall back on are Shake N Bake chicken with frozen french fries, tacos, hot dogs and beans, canned soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If I have money at the time, we order pizza for hubby and the kids and I have a sandwich (low fat, low sodium, no dairy diet kinda rules out pizza for me lol). Cold or hot cereals is another option, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ham sandwiches, the frozen burritos you just microwave, etc. But we don't eat a lot of those things because we don't buy much junk food in our house.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• In the summer a lot of times we have sandwiches and fruit because it gets very warm here and most houses here don't have AC. Also we grill something easy like thin sliced chicken breast and make sandwiches with it. Grilled portobello mushroom burgers are another favorite.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If there is lunch meat in the frig... it's help yourself night, but that is ONLY if I am sick...
    Usually I will cook even if I am feeling lazy...LOL... I like to eat...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Kids get grilled cheese, and Papa get salmon patties and veggies (frozen, so I pretty much just throw em in the oven).
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011