Dealing with a stepkid?

Ok... Question again... So her mom has had 2 guys around her, I however have been stable, Ive been a constant female figure in her dads environment... Her moms first bf didnt have kids, stepkiddo didnt like him and her mom ended up breaking up with him after dating him for 8 months. her now bf of 2 month/fiance and husband to be on june 4th has a daughter same age as my soon to be stepdaughter... could she be thinking well i can run daddys fiance off and he'll get another one with me a playmate?? because it actaully wasnt that bad until her mom started dating this guy she is going to get married to. so she went from a guy with no kids to a guy with a daughter her age in less than a month.

skay23

Asked by skay23 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• probably not. When ever there is an upset in a kids life they act out. In my experience against the one they KNOW is going nowhere. (i did) Hang in there. She may be mad about sharing mommy and prob HER stuff with this new kid. My advice would be to make sure she has HER stuff (that no one touches without asking) at your house. stability is very important to children and dating parents who bring the date home can really upset kids esp. small ones. good luck.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011