Got my tummy tuck scheduled...any advice?

I know there is no smoking before or after the surgery, I know I will be swollen, etc. Anything else I need to know that the doctor may have missed?

Jeannie721

Asked by Jeannie721 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• Wow - I really want that. How much does it cost? Where are you having it done? good luck to you. Take me with you?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Good luck hope all will go well. Please give detail when you get well.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• How much does it cost and what will they do?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am not done having babeeez yet so I haven't spent too much time on aftercare research, although it's something in my future for sure. Good luck, read thru the paperwork BEFORE you're put under and get a few copies so anyone who's helping care for you knows the rules
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well I am in Houston, but the Doc I chose seems awesome!!! He said I need a little bit of lipo to go with it so I don't have "dog ears" on the side. So total it is $7875. I am paying towards it now and will finance out the rest when it comes time. You can find it for cheaper, but I didn't want to skimp on this sort of thing. I am SO excited!!!
    Jeannie721

Comment by Jeannie721 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• !! $8k. for a tummy tuck - I so wish my husband would be on board with that.. that's a lot of money! good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My husband doesn't necessarily want me to do it, but he sees how unhappy I am with my body. I am relatively thin all over...except for the tummy area. This excess skin after my 3 boys is driving me nuts!!!!!!
    Jeannie721

Comment by Jeannie721 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Good for your. I am too scared to be put under for any reason so I will probably never have it done. Let us know after you are all healed how ya look & GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My SIL had it done when her twins were a year old. She had to have someone come stay with her for a couple of weeks to help out with the kids. I know she was super sore, but very happy with the results. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• GET THAT PAIN MEDICATION SCRIPT FILLED ASAP!
    :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011