What can I tell my fiance, whos going to be a first time daddy, to help him feel less nervous, and maybe a little more excited for the baby?

KatyKramer_519

Asked by KatyKramer_519 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Take a parenting class. It helps.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would buy him a book about being a first time dad. Its different for men. As a woman, you are binded with that baby from mconceotion, but a man doesnt really until he sees it. Especially a first time dad. Just tell him that it is normal, parenting classes, and communicate with him. Yes it is very scary for both firth time moms and dads. Just talk about all the fun things he will get to do with the baby... I would always talk to SO about how he can teach DD guitar and drums, and have a little jam buddy... That always made him smile. And turns out, our DD really IS a little drummer and jam buddy for him...
    Just try to focus on all the wonderful things that will come alomg with the baby... Good luck and just know that once he holds the baby for the first time, all his nervousness will go away...and all he will feel is love.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i didnt do the classes or books. all i did was tell him you get better with practice and when she came i let him practice he freaked out with the first bath but i was there to help. i dont think first time fathers have the joy that a mother has it comes out once the baby is born. they are more worried about how its going to be money all the things a baby needs. at least thats what my dh thought about he didnt worry about changing diaper cutting the nails lol all you can do is tell them how great they will be and help them without over powering them. when you do that they think you dont trust that they will do a good enough job so there were times where the dipar would leak through but i didnt say anything or try to fix it. my man thrives on accomplishing this and doing them well so i never said no not like that unless it was something that could hurt my dd. a way to excite him might be have him read your belly a book every

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• he also enjoying giving my belly raspberries because she would move and kick and it was his way of feeling a bond. like his way of calling for her and she would come.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• one moe thing i would but lotion on two times a day and he would want to do it before bed she would also kick while he did it idk if it helps but theres some ideas?
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• That will come with time ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011