How much Do Working Moms spend on getting a babysitter during school breaks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I pay $250 per week for my son and $8 per hour for my daughter. If it is a school break I can spend $450 per week in daycare! Luckily my older son is 15 and he can help out now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Last summer since I only needed child care 2 days week I paid a friend $20 a day and sent his food and milk for the day. Also my in-laws and parents helped out by keeping him for a few days at a time a couple times each.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'd pay $40 a day for my 3 kids during holidays/breaks so I could work. Thank god I'm no longer working! I hardly made that much in a day!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It kills me - I don't have family in the area, so I usually go through a service. It's $10/hour, plus a placement fee. Since my boys are in a private school that pays no attention to the calendar of the local public schools, our breaks don't usually line up. This puts me outside of the camps in the area, otherwise I'd try for those.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Way too much.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011