Worried mom....my 2 month old has not pooped....

she has not pooped in about 30 hours or so.

She is breastfed and was SOOOOO unbelievably fussy yesterday...today she is super sleepy.....

Am I worried for nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 30 hours is not long for a baby not to have a stool - monitor what you are eating and what you ate and go from there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My breast fed DD got to the point where she was having one poop a week. she was small and using every little bit! She was still having her 7 wet diapers though so I knew she was getting enough to eat. If she is uncomfortable then I would worry but other than that, no poop for a few days is not big deal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• nothing to worry about yet... i had a nurse tell me right after i had my son that when hers was a baby he would go three days without pooping, and then fill the diaper like you wouldn't believe, and that it was completely normal.
    ta2dprnces

Answer by ta2dprnces at 3:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try giving some water, or drinking more water yourself, or rubbing babys tummy, 30 hrs is not long tho.. i would not worry till its been like 3 days, then u should call babies doctor.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 3:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It's normal. Don't do anything. They can go up to 10 days without a poop! My son went every 4 to 5 days. It was normal for him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Like the other moms said, that is normal. And it is normal for it to happen all of a sudden like it did for your LO. With each of my kids, they had 5 or so poopy diapers a day and then suddenly went to nothing, no poop for days. I freaked out with my oldest and the doctor reassured me that everything was fine. Anything up to 10 days is fine, as long as when they do poop it is soft and not hard.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok, I know this is kinda disturbing but my MIL taught this to me. Use ivory soap(only this soap works, dont use nothing else) and you put a corner of it to her butt and for some odd reason it makes them poop! Also if you don't feel right doing that, rub her tummy in a clockwise motion, and push down when you get to about 6 o'clock and it makes the poo go down, you could also take her legs and bend them to a sitting position and push them to her tummy while pushing her butt with your thumbs...My children were constipated for 2-3 days sometimes because they were lactose and couldnt drink reg formula and I tried it all...Also my mom gave me suppositories and i had to cut them into quarters because they are too big for babies and those worked too! Sorry if anyone is grossed out or offended, but these all worked for my two kiddos!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You don't do anything- BF babies can poop every 2 hours, or go 3-4 days. It's perfectly normal, and unlike FF babies, they do NOT need anything to help them along.
    You should stay hydrated, and give your little one nothing but BM.

Look at what you've eaten in the past 48 hours... anything different? A lot of something? Cabbage family? Citrus? Dairy? Meat? those things can/will affect her.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Please do not ever insert anything into her rectum besides a thermometer, or a suppository specifically designed for infants.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When my EBF son was 2 months old, he was only pooping once every 5 days. You're doing fine...just realize that eventually it WILL come out and there will be a lot.
    SapphireMomma

Answer by SapphireMomma at 3:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011