Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go back with my exboyfriend?

I moved in w/my bf after 4 mnts of dating along w/ my son who is. I just moved out and he wants to save our rtlnship by dating and living in separate qrtrs. My problem is that I feel hurt based that he let us leave to begin with and he has so much to grow up. He said many hurtful things and I feel he needs to hit rock bottom to realize his problems w/in b4 I even give him a chance. In his mind, he believes that our fights were bcus of living together and me being emotionally stressed, which he got fed up with. I'm a very passive woman and he's full of rage. He's never been physical but his words have been harsh. I'm hurt and he thinks I'm not trying; keep in mind I haven't even tried. I've just expressed my thoughts about being hurt and how he let me go. I want to know what your thoughts. Different opinions helps and for my son, I am thinking that the best is for him to suffer per say b4 giving it a chance. thnx

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • first let me say this much and iv been physically abused right along with verbally abused. Its easier to heal from physicalle abuse then it is form verbally. simply becuz it hurts more bruises go away. Next your son needs to come first and if this man has alot of rage build up for whatever reason its not a healthy enviroment for your son put him first. id say leave it be let him grow up if hes going to and you move on if down the road your ment to be together then he will come back a man. good luck.

    Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • Is he your sons Dad? Either way, I wouldn't stay with him. If he is hurting you, your son sees that and its not good. You have to do what is best for him. If he is your sons father I think he should be apart of his life even if your not with him. You want to make him suffer? It sounds like you both have some growing up to do. There comes a point, I think, in every womans life where she realized that she has to make herself happy. A man can help, but he cant do it for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • Is your current boyfriend your son's father? Who is the ex boyfriend? I am confused about what you wrote.

    Answer by TeaAndrews at 12:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • He's not my son's Father. Yes, I have lot's to learn and grow, but I did this for my son. I moved out seeing that I wasn't happy, yet loving this man with all my heart. Thank you each for your response, I read each one and I thank you very much for you help :)

    Answer by Mymelody253 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

  • Some men don't want to live with anyone. It does put stress on a relationship especially where a child is involved and if the child is not his.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
What do I do?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
baby nursery