Depressed, dr said no more babies for me due to window on my uterus

i just had my 2nd child, and im really depressed because the dr said i shouldnt have anymore babies because of a tear on my uterus. She said if i got pregnant again it could be life threatning to me and baby. Ive had 2 c-sections and both times my uterus wouldnt contract and i about bled to death. There is something really wrong with my uterus. I also tend to have large babies and im really petite. I dont know how to deal with this news. And now i feel like my new lil one is a miracle, took 6 years to get pregnant with her, and im very protective of her. is this normal?

harvick4me

Asked by harvick4me at 2:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Same here! sorry:(
    just be the best mommy you can to the babies you have, I had my uterus taken at 34....I get it!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 2:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am sorry....I know you are sad...but you have to look on the bright side...and you have 2 REALLY bright sides :) Both of your kids!

Try to escape your depression by remembering all the women who long to have even one!

Sorry you have to deal with it though! Just trying to help you feel better by looking at the big picture! :)
    Anonymous

• Yes!1 It is very normal! I would say be grateful for the kids u do have and cherish them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Dont get me wrong, im very grateful for my children and love them more then anything. Im just saddened by the news from the dr. And now i feel over protective of the new lil one.
    harvick4me

Comment by harvick4me (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i'm sorry to hear that... but, i can relate... i was told the same thing last year, on march 29th, when i had me 2nd dd. i was hoping to try for a boy in a few years... but, when the doctor told me i shouldn't due to a uterine window, and my uterus was about to rupture, it was just starting to leak fluid, i figure my doctor is right... but, i have a 3 year old dd, a 1 year old dd, and 3 bonus kids... (i have a 17 year old dd, a 15 year old dd, and a 8 year old ds...) not bad for some one with endometriosis...
    hanniwrencher

Answer by hanniwrencher at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It is  very normal to be depressed after a baby or after a c-section.   Keep talking your way through it.  You will get there.  And you can always get a second opinion.  Did the doctor sew up the tear? 

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I too was told it was not safe to get pregnant again after my 2nd child. We had always planned on having at least 3 kids. So, a few years later we adopted out of foster care. We ended up with a beautiful baby girl who had been abandoned by her birth mother.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011