When is the last time you lost patience?

When is the last time you lost patience with your kids? What did they do to make you lose your cool? How did you deal with it and what do you wish you would have done differently?

No worries mama's this is a judgement free zone

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• i dunno, maybe about a month ago? the way i lose my patience is pretty funny because i have no patience anyway. my daughter's only 2.5y so generally nothing she does gets to me, but she does this thing where she gets frustrated playing with her toys and she starts to whine and pout. well playing is not for crying, playing is supposed to be a happy time. i know she gets it from me (of course!) but it still irks the shit out of me! i give her a couple of opportunities to stop but if it just keeps going i lose my mind. this is my version of time out. i pick her up, plop her down in her angry spot, and then just glare a hole in the wall ignoring her. i tell her "when you're ready to play again you can get up!"

really i've only done this twice, maybe three times. she pouts for a bit then says she's sorry and resumes normal playing. she's a pretty even-tempered kid (gets it from her daddy, NOT me!) so we rarely have these moments
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 3:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What time is it? 2 minutes before then. The antidepressant is really taking it less often. It was all the time for a while there.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 3:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Making it less often, I mean.
    silversmom

• This morning. And every single morning. Getting out the door in the morning is awful.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Every day and multiple times. usaully i yell their name take a deep breath count to ten and tell them to fix the problem as calmly as possible (if they can). This is mommys scary time i guess cause they really hop to.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011