What is the scariest phone call you ever had regarding a child of yours?

Mine was 2 days after my husband retired from the Navy we were back home in Texas. Moving into the place we were renting while building a new home. The phone rings "Mrs. B? This is Dr. Brown at Loma Linda Medical Center. your son M has just been life flighted in after a severe vehicle crash. When can you get here and how pregnant IS his girlfriend?"
WHAAAAAT...talk about freak out. That was the day that began the road to adopting my grandkids. That crash ended his Army career and he lost his mind for about 7 yrs.

Tell me the worst for you.

GrnEyedGrandma

Asked by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh my goodness! That is awful ((hugs)) I think the worst phone call I received was from oldest daughters pedi. She was 2 days old and they told me I needed to bring her into the hospital for immediate admission. She had infants apnea and her heart would quit beating at times. We were in the hospital for 3 weeks and in and out of the hospital from then until she hit about 6 months. Hubby was in iraq so it was a super scary situation.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Im so sorry to hear that...
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• God! Nothing like that.

My mom called me at work when my oldest was about a year old and told me she "cut her eye open" and I better come see if she needed stitches. It was quite an over reaction. It was a deep scratch, but nothing to be as worried as I was about.

Or...when my sister called, again, on my oldest, and said she "had something of mine"...we live just down the road from each other and my oldest had walked down there while I was in the shower.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Amber, that is scary. My youngest was in the hospital for 9 weeks after he was born. Hub was still Active Duty then.

Mom-2...I love getting the over reaction phone calls. I got one from the school that My son was in the road and had been hit. Again freak out. Turns out he was on his bike going downhill and a car kicked up sand and made him crash. He broke his ankle...but it wasn't like he was in the road dead or something.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Comment by GrnEyedGrandma (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011