How Do I Tell My Mom That Im Going To Get Married At 18?

My Mom Loved My Boyfriend, Untill He Got Aressted. It Was His First Time Getting Aressted. And Hie Said He Doesnt Ever Want To Go Back To Jail Again. Hes Been Working To Gain Her Trust Back. But When She Found Out he Proposed To Me... She Got Really Mad. And We Are Planning To Get Married Next Year After I Turn 18. And I Want My Mom To Know That I Love Him So Much And Cant Live With Out Him. And I Want Her To Be Part of Everything... So How Do i Tell her?

AlisonAgosto

Asked by AlisonAgosto at 3:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• not much she can do when you turn 18...........She might get over it depends on what he was arrested for.
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 3:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• idk..but for starters, if you're old enough to make that kind of decision, you're old enough to tell your momma without help. just sayin', its a grown-up world, op..just do it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Sometimes parents need time to warm up to the idea. Does he make good money? Where will u 2 live? Can he support u both?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Being on this site implies you are a mom or mom-to-be. Is the boyfriend baby daddy? If so, you should tell your mom that you are trying to do what you find best for your family. Becoming a mom means these decisions are yours to make.

My own DD turns 18 in 2 weeks. She plans on moving in with her boyfriend after end of term (she already graduated HS and is in CC). While it's not the plan I would choose for her, she is going to be 18 when it happens. My job is just to help her back up if she falls down. I hope that your mom is able to think similarly. It is hard for us moms to believe that our kids can be grown up already.
    Good Luck!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 3:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Hes Working. We Have Lost A Baby After He Was Born. And Are going To See If I Am Pregnant Again. Hes Can Support Me. He Was Arrested For Poccession Of Majurana. But it Wasnt his And My Mom Doesnt Understand That.
    AlisonAgosto

Comment by AlisonAgosto (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• His Mom Has Already Told Us That She Will Help With Whatever We Need. Shes even Helping Me Plan. But It Makes Me Sad That This Is What I Planed To Do With My Mom... But She Doesnt Really Talk To Me Much About Anything Unless She Needs Me To Clean.
    AlisonAgosto

Comment by AlisonAgosto (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• if you're old enough to make that kind of decision, you're old enough to tell your momma without help. just sayin', its a grown-up world, op..just do it.

^^ Yup. I agree with dullscissors.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree dullscissors. It's hard not to share that kind of stuff with your mother but that's life. If you think this guy is the one then there is nothing she can do or say once you turn 18.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• hmmm, she cant do much if your 18, but make sure you are really ready about getting married, can you guys afford to live on your own, can he take care of you?
    roseym

Answer by roseym at 4:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Talk to her just like you would on any other topic. Just take your time and do not rush into things. If you don't have a strong family life it seems more urgent to find someone to love you and who will accept you as you are. Live with him before you make such a big commitment.. Enjoy a couple year long engagement because you have all the time in the world to get married and rear a family.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 4:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011