I'm very fair skinned and the last time I got a spray tan I turned an orangey color...that was like 6 years ago. My friend invited me to get a free spray tan...will I necessarily turn orange again? Should I risk it? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Honestly, I've never seen a spray tan -even professional- that didn't look orange.

I'll just take my daily dose of vitamin D, and the color changes that come with it :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You shouldn't go orange! I get them done in the summer. Go to a reputable place and maybe get a light colour or medium since you are so fair.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You need to find out what type solution she uses. Different solutions have different levels of the ingredient that changes your skin color. ALso, some soaps, lotions and deodorants will also affect the ph balance in those solutions -- so dont use any prior to getting sprayed. If the color starts turning a shade you do not like after being sprayed (but before you are supposed to shower), jump in the shower and rinse the remaining solution off. Pickle juice or vinigar in your bath water will wash the color off entirely if you do not like it. I used to own a tanning saloon!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think your body factors into it too. I let my sister talk me into it again last summer. I decided to give it a try because hers looked great. Mine was a disaster.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ooops..I am very fair skinned as well.
    yourspecialkid

• btw -- fair skinned people would not use the same level of solution as a person with darker skin. Different levels for different people -- It also matters how dark you want to get.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011