How to get rid of this cat?

ok so we have this older lady next door and I guess she was at church and the neighbor next door to her called her grandson because they kept hearing a cat in her gradge (I think it has been in there for a while) anyway, her grandson was trying to find the cat so my dh went over to help him and he found it and got the cat out well the cat followed dh home and now this cat has been at our house for about 4 days meowing at our door (we have a glass front door). Well if it sees us in the kitchen it goes around to the back door and meows and it is getting all my nerves what can I do? I don't know whos cat it is, but it wont leave our house now it stays on our porch and sleeps on the couch out there and when I take dd to the bus stop in the morning it will floow us down there and meow the whole time at us and then follow me back home and meow for a little bit at our door it is really annoying what can I do? I can't take this cat in because I have a dog and a cat of my own with 2 kids is hard enough plus I have a baby due this summer. But I do feel bad for the cat but I also can't stand the meowing anymore

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pets

• Bizarre! I have the same problem with a cat at my sliding glass door. I made the mistake of feeding it and now it won't go away. Its meowing is so bad that my husband and I have to sleep with ear plugs. I don't have the heart to take it to the pound so I'm hoping it will eventually get the hint and leave.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Human society will come get the cat.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• animal control will do the trick.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Renee3k and Lucky35 are both right. You can also look for cat rescue group in the area. We had a cat meowing, took a photograph and posted it in our neighborhood and on Craigslist, but now she is spayed, her name is Stormy and she sleeps in my daughters room.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• OMG, I was stalked so someone could tell me I left an E off of the word "humane". SO SORRY!! I meant to say HUMANE SOCIETY...sheesh. I think most people knew what I was getting at, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• put an add to give away
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• U can put up flyers saying cat free to a good home!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011