Painting help!!

I want to redecorate my son's room so it looks like a work shop or auto shop.... I have a awesome diamond plate foam mat in his room, I want to use pegboard around the bottom of his room like wainscoting, and then paint the top in a high gloss steel color and some how make it look like diamond plating...... I am trying to figure out how on earth to add the texture of diamond plating to the top of his wall with out having to actually add diamond plating...... HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Id ask at home Depot or Lowe's. They have expert's that know how to do just about everything painting wise..
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What about one of those plaster mold/stamp kind of things? I'm not sure what they are actually called but you smear on plaster really thick then put the stamp thing on it, then let it dry, sand, and paint.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Use the diamond plate foam mate to make the pattern in the paint...use a slightly darker shade of paint to make it stand out slightly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Got it!!!! A stencil!! His room is going to look awesome!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2011