Am i in the right?

ok my husband works on cars for a living that is fine by me we dont have money probs or anything like that but he NEVER wants to spend time with me or the kids(we have 3 a 4yr old 2yr old and 5mt old) but i can even say hey lets go out to dinner and he says no he has stuff to do meaning work on his car or doing something outside i have tried everything i can think of to try and get him to see that i am lonely and always having the kids no breaks unless there sleeping is VERY hard and i would like some help but its like a ending battle to even get him to come in the house to eat dinner with us as a family let alone anything else....so my question is what can i try or what should i do? im so lost and have no clue where to turn thank you for helping ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Wait till the kids are asleep and dress in something sexy, some men are just work a holics and that is what they do, so dress in something sexy, and have food on the table maybe that will work
    roseym

Answer by roseym at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Instead of saying, "lets go out", sit down and tell him how you're feeling? If you've tried that, I don't know, take one of his socket wrenches and smack him upside his head with it? (OK, don't actually do that...but nice to think about it ;)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Tell him your feelings. You feel lonely, want to be a family etc. Let him know that you understand he is very busy but there has to be some more quality time for family. Maybe you could set aside one night of the week, have dinner together and hang out. Maybe once a month find a sitter and go out together. This is not asking for much imo.
    Anonymous

• I have a slightly different suggestion. Plan your own fun stuff. Get a sitter and go out - don't count on him to go with you. You need a break, so take it. Meet up with some girlfriends or just take a good book to a coffee shop or something. Trying to get him to be interested in spending time with you won't work, so don't waste your time. If you spend your time doing things to take care of yourself, my suspicion is that he's going to develop an interest - but your happiness shouldn't wait for him. After seeing you happy and relaxed, he might just want to tag along.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Plan a sit down dinner at least one night a week (entire family). He can give up his "other stuff", put on big pants and be a man!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I swear I am not trying to be snarky, but like they said you need to lay it out for him and make your own fun. Also, please quit procreating with this man. Kids are more scary for some men, more kids = more fear.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• IDK. I'm thinking along the lines of throwing a wrench at him. If you have tried talking with him, then I'd pitch a huge fit. Scary kids? He needs to put his big boy pants on, seriously, and get over it. Before he wakes up one day and realizes he missed everything.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yes u r and i am goin thur the same thing
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 10:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011