Where are they going?!?!

Seriously.... I've bought my son (almost 2) so many socks, yet I can never find them! I'm seriously thinking my dryer is eating them lol

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• OMIGOD....My socks are missing too! I think we need to get together and lead a search and rescue for missing socks....but can we do underwear too because those come up missing in my house too lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• when you find out, let me know! same problem!
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I had the same issue and there is a space between the dryer wall and the tub that spins and they were getting sucked in there. I didnt find that out untill our dryer stopped working because of it. LOL also because the part that goes there to keep clothes from going in there was missing. Another thing I learned was that sometimes they get attached to other clothes lol when you take them out.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Me too! It is ridiculous! My daughter wears a uniform to school. This year I bought her 10 PAIRS of uniform socks! Now she has 2! I had to hand wash them last night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Its the sock monster in the dryer
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ours can get sucked into the drain from the washer. It was a horrible mess to clean. Now we use those mesh bags for the kids socks and we use small safety pins to keep our pairs together in the washer and dryer....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This is an old age mystery a lot of us want to solve!

Answer by older at 3:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We have this issue too. I am awful myself about losing them....
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I seriously got so sick of buying my girls socks all the time that I started hand washing them and putting them in a separate dirty clothes basket. It's really helped too! Now instead of buying socks every 2-3 months, it's like every 6-8 months =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I had the same problem. I bought a bag for delicates to place them in and that seemed to help. You could always try that.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2011