• In the Spotlight:

Would you make your loved one into a diamond??

I ran across an article today that caught my attention. I thought it was wierd at first, but then I started looking into it, and wondering... what if? Could I really do that? Could you? (Summary of what it is below)

LifeGem®. Forever.
Like the memory of a loved one, a diamond lasts forever.

What is a LifeGem®?
The LifeGem® is a certified, high-quality diamond created from the
carbon of your loved one as a memorial to their unique life, or as a symbol of your personal and precious bond with another.

LifeGem diamonds are created individually from your specific carbon source in our patented process.

Whether you've lost a loved one or simply want to celebrate your love, the LifeGem diamond provides a way to embrace your loved one’s memory day by day. The LifeGem® is the most unique and timeless tribute available for creating a testimony to their unique life.

KYarger

Asked by KYarger at 1:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• wow so they make u into a diamond O.o

Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• interesting and creepy all at the same time....lol
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My cousin did this after they had their mother creamated. If you are going to go that route know that it is pretty expensive. If you don't have the money to do that they will put the ashes in charms you can put on a necklace. I don't want to be creamated just so my kids can have a piece of jewelry of me. But if they choose to do this then fine. I think it is wonderful for those that want these things.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 1:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Oh yeah it's expensive... at least to me... the smallest size diamond (I think 1/10 ct.) in the least popular color is like upwards of $2,500
    KYarger

Answer by KYarger at 1:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• This sounds gross to me...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ewwww  lol      Materialism has just been brought to a new level.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Uhh no
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i think its a great idea, keep your lost ones close.way tooo expensive for me though, if i had that kind of money, a real diamond on my finger would do .
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I've heard of it before, but it's just too creepy. I also would not keep ashes in my house. Ew.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• well I always wanted diamonds just never thought of it as being say my dad on my finger.Then again my mom always said I had daddy wrapped around my finger lol.It is different but kind of a sweet idea for someone who is having a loved one cremated
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2008